How to know it's time...
How Do I Know It’s Time?
It is not always easy to understand if it is time to say that last goodbye. That’s why our doctors always perform a quality-of-life exam prior to any euthanasia. However, there are signs that can help you understand if your pet’s quality of life is declining. Here are just some of those signs:
- Unable to rise or walk on their own
- Appetite is decreasing or is not interested in food or water
- Significant weight loss
- Withdrawals – No longer interested in being around family or other pets
- No longer greets you or your family
- Is no longer able to hold urine or defecation